21 June 2009

I keep hearing imaginary bagpipes...

My parents are here!

I am enjoying their company oh-so-much. We have had some really good food and lots of deep laughs already; they have only been here for about 36 hours. I anticipate a week full of exciting adventures and joyful days.

We went to the highland games here in Aberdeen today which was a great kick-off to their Scottish holiday. All three of us had a wonderful time, taking in the various sights and sounds and even a little haggis, neeps, and tatties. ;) (Two of us, anyway...) We have been home now for several hours but I still keep hearing bagpipes in the distance. It's the strangest thing. I must have really absorbed their sound today. I suppose it's kinda like the lasting sunburn from today (beautiful weather, by the way)- though I'm not longer in the sun, I still feel it.

Here are a few photos from the day. I hope to blog some more while they are here. We have some fun things planned and I will have to clear out my memory card each evening! By memory card I am not referring to my mind, although that may need clearing, too; I refer rather to my camera.




All for now; signing off from bonny Scotland,
jess

2 comments:

paintingsongs said...

I want to get some bagpipes!! I'll play them at your wedding. :]

Jess said...

Sounds good to me!!