
Just an update for those interested...
My visa is now in my possession. Whew! It came VERY quickly after I sent my second application (long but simple story there- my passport was stolen the first time around.)
So I should be touching down 2 weeks from today. Wow! This long-time "dream" is actually happening. The reality of it is bittersweet- excited and hopeful for the new season of my journey yet scared of unknowns and sad to be leaving certain ones. Peaceful anticipation wins, though. I've had a strong hand to hold onto through the preparations; my clinging hasn't pushed it away so I know I'll be okay.
My visa is now in my possession. Whew! It came VERY quickly after I sent my second application (long but simple story there- my passport was stolen the first time around.)
So I should be touching down 2 weeks from today. Wow! This long-time "dream" is actually happening. The reality of it is bittersweet- excited and hopeful for the new season of my journey yet scared of unknowns and sad to be leaving certain ones. Peaceful anticipation wins, though. I've had a strong hand to hold onto through the preparations; my clinging hasn't pushed it away so I know I'll be okay.
Ready or not, here I go. : )

4 comments:
Jessica! Wow I'm so excited for you and more than a little jealous. Graduate school in Scotland! WHAT an adventure. I've always had an obsession with any and all things British and would love to live in Scotland or England or Ireland some time during my life. (I can't remember which one is not really part of Britain... is it one of the Irelands?) Anyway I wish you luck and hope you don't think it's too weird that I will probably check in on this blog from time to time. : )
Cacey Smith
Cacey- I don't mind at all : ) And feel free to come visit if you'd like! Yes, I think Northern Ireland is outside the UK. But I'm not certain. I've always remained confused at that, too.
So you're on your way over then. All the best with the course...if I can be of any help, give me a shout!
Hey, Glad that you are on your way!! So, how did you get your blog looking so awesome? Any advice?
Post a Comment